Take TimeTonic to the next level with powerful automation!
Link an Excel file with a TimeTonic table to perform complex calculations in the background and insert the result in a table field.
The principle is as follows:
- Choose a TimeTonic field as input value (= in) in Excel.
- Use an Excel formula to calculate an output value (= out) based on the input.
- The output value is written in the selected TimeTonic field.
1. Download the automation file from your tutorial.
The formula in the Excel file performs the following calculation:
The Status field changes to 'Active' when the Job field is not empty
The Status field changes to 'Archived' when the Job field is empty
2. In the Talents table, click on Organize Fields (click on the three dots at the right of the table).
4. In the 'Status' field, copy the synchronization code written in the B7 cell of the Excel file.
In the 'Jobs' field, copy the synchronization code written in the B6 cell. SAVE.
5. Click on Automate, then Automate with Excel.
6. Download the Excel file that you saved earlier on your computer. Click OK.
Only one automation Excel file per table can run at the same time. It can include multiple input and output fields and formulas, as well as multiple sheets. Each field can be used once as input or output.